One of my friends is having her first baby and has asked her friends what she should pack for her hospital stay.
Her question inspired me to look through my drafts and finally finish this post tonight.
So instead of my usual “Week in Review” here is my answer to Heather’s question.
Pregnancy seems to never end as it gets closer and closer to your due date…just ask any mom.
So about 4 weeks prior to your due date get out your bag and pack it for the hospital.
It is a good thing to be prepared thus avoiding any last minute unnecessary chaos. Keep your bag handy to grab when the time comes. Some expectant moms leave their bags in the car just in case they are away from home when their water breaks.
My personal essentials list as a former Labor and Delivery nurse would include:
- A nice soft pillow with a colorful pillow case for comfort and pictures.
- Lollipops for labor, my personal favorites are Cherry Charms
- I would probably opt for a wonderful hospital gown designed especially for new moms by Annie and Isabel (my personal favorites are the Anita and the Evelyn.
I have to digress here and mention my friends at Annie and Isabel…they are such special nurses that created these wonderful gowns to make women and soon men look and hopefully feel better while in the hospital. If I were going to be hospitalized I would certainly call on them to dress me for the occasion. Have a look see for yourself…my mom blogger friend, Jessica at Mommas Gone City knows first hand the comfort of a gown by Annie and Isabel.
- A comfy bathrobe
- Make-up to help me look and feel like myself
- Baby’s car seat
- Baby clothes
- Some non-perishable snacks that I like to munch on…I have been in the hospital too many times and the long hours at night go well with cookies and ginger ale in my experience.
- My cellphone to make the necessary baby announcements
- My white noise machine to help me sleep at night if at all possible
- My own breast pump
- My camera for those special “Kodak” moments
This is a short clip about packing for Labor and Delivery from Today’s Moms
Thank you: Jessica Shyba at Mommas Gone City and Heather soon to be mom!