It’s Friday, so here are some quick, informative reads that I came across this week.
- Do you ever wonder what your pediatrician would like you to do for your preschooler?
- Below is a quick highlight of a post from one of my favorite sites Baby Center.
1. Don’t make potty training a battle
2. Have two-way conversations
3. Stop germs at the sink
4. Enforce the helmet law, even at home
5. Don’t use the doctor as punishment
- How do you raise children without using punishment when their behavior gets out of line?
- I found a blogger, who does just that…read her tips for a punishment free home!
What we have in our home is a lot of love, a lot of respect, a lot of empathy, and a lot of communication.
- We are a tech savvy home and we have books everywhere including on e-readers.
- In particular I have a series from the Smithsonian Institution about T-Rex, Penguins and Polar Bears, my 4 year old grandchild loves these books on my i-Phone…you can read them yourself or you can listen to them being read to you. They are delightful.
Adults with e-readers and tablets continue to report that they’re reading more, a trend that we can hope trickles down to younger readers. After all, we should always be happy seeing children reading, no matter the format.