Early signs of Pregnancy
You may have signs of being pregnant before you have even missed your period. Many women mistake these early signs for premenstrual since they are very similar.
- At 5 weeks pregnant 50% of women had some symptoms of pregnancy.
- At 6 weeks pregnant 70% of women had some by 6 weeks.
- At 8 weeks pregnant 90% of women had some by 8 weeks.
The first sign of pregnancy is usually a missed period. The most common symptoms to follow are:
- frequent urination, and
- breast tenderness and swelling.
These symptoms can be mild or severe.
Other signs of pregnancy that women reported by 8 weeks of pregnancy include:
- Mild uterine cramping or discomfort (without bleeding)
- Abdominal bloating
- Nasal congestion
- Shortness of breath
- Food cravings or aversions
- Mood changes
- Spider veins
- Itchy palms
- Increased skin pigmentation (on the face, linea alba, or breast areolas)
- via Early pregnancy symptoms: What will I feel and when? | BabyCenter.