Pregnancy at Nine Weeks
How your baby’s growing:
- Baby is almost an inch long.
- Weight is less than a ounce.
- Heart is fine tuning its beat with four chambers and valves forming.
- Tiny teeth are present.
- Tail of the embryo has disappeared.
- Sex organs are present but cannot be distinguished.
- Eyes are full formed with fused eyelids.
- Earlobes, mouth and nose are present and accounted for.
- Baby basic physiology is present and the placenta is developed to take over its critical work.
- Next, there will be rapid weight gain.
Your life is changing:
- Your waist may be thickening slightly at this point
- Morning sickness and other physical symptoms may be present
- Emotions may be all over the place
- Moods are full swing…good to know that the second trimester these quiet down somewhat.