Pregnancy at 10 Weeks:
Your baby is the size of a kumquat and only weighs less than a 1/4 ounce.
- The most critical part of his development is complete.
- He is now in his fetal period and is no longer an embryo.
- His tissues and organs will grow rapidly, he is able to move all around and is kicking all the time.
- There are tiny fingernails growing, peach fuzz is now on his skin.
- His kidneys, intestines, brain and liver are all beginning to function.
- His hands are able to flex at the wrist.
- His spinal outline is visible through his translucent skin.
- His head measures half the length of his body.
- Your baby is ready to double his size in a few weeks of pregnancy.
Things to do this week:
- Perhaps go do some shopping for yourself. Get some new bras and panties that feel more comfortable on your changing body.
- Try to develop an exercise routine that is okay with your health care professional. It will prepare you for later and for labor and delivery.
This can be a wonderful time in your life if all is going well and you are feeling good. If you are not please speak with your health care practitioner. You and your developing baby are very important!