Early Pregnancy- 5 Weeks
Your baby embryo is about the size of a sesame seed at 5 weeks and looks more like a tadpole.
But despite how tiny your baby is, there is rapid growth continuing to happen. The heart is taking shape and beginning to beat. Wow!
Fetal development video weeks 1 through 9
Some pregnancy related discomforts:
- sore breasts (wear a sports bra for comfort even when sleeping)
- frequent urination
Things to do for healthy pregnancy:
- do not drink alcohol
- continue exercising or begin to exercise with your health practitioner’s approval
- see how your partner can participate in the months ahead
- talk to your family about health history that might affect your baby or your pregnancy.
- make sure your home and job are environmentally safe places (cleaning products, lead, fumes)
- quit smoking
- make a prenatal appointment
- start taking prenatal vitamins