As you can tell by the name “Parenting in the Loop” is about just that …parenting. This is a daunting topic but “Parenting in the Loop” is the place where I will attempt along with my readers to help parents figure out what good parenting skills are to them. This will be a blog that hopefully will relate to all parents at one time or another as they grow and develop along with their child.
A little bit about myself…I am a registered nurse with a specialty in maternal and child care, I am also a licensed clinical social worker with a specialty in children and families. In addition, I am also a mother and now a grandmother.
At different times over the years I have been a working mom and experienced those challenges. I have also been a stay at home mother as well which has its own set of challenges.
Some of my thoughts on parenting:
- I have always been a supporter of “attachment parenting”, “related parenting” and “conscious parenting” before they were statements.
- I am by nature accepting of various points of view and enjoy a good discussion about almost anything.
- Although I currently live in the Chicagoland area I have ties to Los Angeles, New York, and Rhode Island .
- I have a baby sleep consulting business and am not a fan of the “cry it out” method.
- I am a fan of and I recommend Dr. Harvey Karp and “The Happiest Baby on the Block” to parents. I am also a fan of Dr. T. Berry Brazelton and anything that he has written about parents and children during his career as a renowned pediatrician.
- I respect and am familiar with many other “gurus” of parenting.
- Most of all I love children and working with families and I believe that learning is a life long process to be shared and enjoyed.
“Parenting in the Loop” will be a thoughtful, considerate blog to share information. Hopefully those that participate will be thoughtful and respectful of others and their opinions. This will in turn make participation helpful for all those who choose to share on this blog.
Very interesting articles. Thanks for mapping a path for parents of children in uncertain times. Keep up the good work.
Thank you for reading…
I was wondering if you accept guest posts? I have an article that I would like to submit that is about dancing and how it relates to fitness. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition for families and I think it is something you and your viewers would enjoy!
I am also interested in any advertising opportunities that you may have that I can forward along to my marketing team.
I look forward to hearing from you!
I would consider a guest post. I would like to review the post prior to accepting it as a post on my blog.
As far as advertising…I have not considered it at this time but am working on it.
I am looking forward to reading your proposed post.
Thank you for your interest in “parenting in the loop”
I wil consider guest posts but would have to approve it first.
I am not offering advertising at this time but will let you know when I do.
Thank you for reading.
Good news. You are the winner of the Dr.Seuss Lorax App from iGameMom (igamemom.com). Here is the post about the app giveaway:
Please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), so I can send you the gift code.
Congrats! Thank you for supporting iGameMom.
Hi Lorette, I found your site by a round-about way, but now I see your pic, I see we are facebook friends. I think your readers might find this link helpful (when I put it up it went viral) which tells me that raising polite kids is a big issue for a lot of parents: