Pregnancy at 22 Weeks
Baby continues to grow and this is what is happening:
- He is about 11 inches from head to toe and now weighs in at around 1 pound.
- He is beginning to look like a tiny little newborn with lips, eyelids and eyebrows.
- He has fine hair.
- He looks wrinkled because he has not developed fat tissue yet.
You feel yourself getting larger especially your tummy.
Pregnancy keeps changing how you are feeling?
- People tend to touch your belly if you don’t like this tell them.
- Others will ask you how far along you are and will comment on how you look, bigger or smaller than you should at 22 weeks.
- Pay no attention since everyone is different.
- Stretch marks may begin to appear on your tummy, buttocks, thighs, hips and breast.
- Lotion is not proven to help and many stretch marks disappear after you get back you pre-pregnancy body.
- See your practitioner on a regular basis to make sure all is okay.
Other things are changing too:
- Your hair is getting thicker.
- Your fingernails are growing faster.
- Your nipples may be getting darker.
- Your feet may increase in size.
- Your rings may start to get snug, you may want to take them off now and wear your wedding band around your neck.
“I kept a journal for my son while I was pregnant, and I brought it to the hospital with me so I could write in it as soon as I was up to it. It really helped to share all the feelings I was having.”