3 Must Reads this Weekend
Secondary Drowning and How You Can Save Your Child
There is nothing like a summer weekend for family fun times. Water safety is something we should all be aware of especially during this time of the year.
Water is fun but it can also be dangerous. If your child falls in or has a water incident and displays any of these signs it could be secondary drowning which can happen in even 1/2 inch of water.
- child is not acting like himself
- he is lethargic
- he is coughing even after the event is over
- his lips changed color
- he has a change in his breathing
These can be a sign that he has water in his lungs and needs immediate medical help. Call 911 immediately.
Click the following link for a video on CPR for children.
Source: What Is Secondary Drowning And How Can You Prevent It :: YummyMummyClub.ca
Flying with Baby
Traveling with baby on a weekend getaway can be trying at best. Here are a few tips that just might help you as you get ready to board a plane with your little one.
- Crying At High Altitudes-This is stressful for you more than other passengers even when they give you dirty looks. Sucking on a pacifier, nursing or feeding your baby a bottle might ease the pressure on his ears.
- Ear pain– Again this is experienced by some babies and not others. If your baby has a cold and you are going to travel you might want to have your pediatrician take a quick peek at his ears to make sure he does not have an infection.
- Noise level- The decibel level in the plane may be upsetting to your baby, using small pieces of cotton to cover your baby’s ears may help him fall asleep through the noise.
- Flying with Baby – HealthyChildren.org
9 Signs of Mean Girl Behavior Warnings
No one wants their daughter to be a “mean” girl. Here are some 9 signs that might be the beginning of trouble.
- She is bossy
- She is always making threats
- She forms clubs to exclude other kids
- Click the link to read the rest: Is Your Daughter a Mean Girl
Happy Weekend from ParentingintheLoop!